Michigan Tax Relief Services
Millions of Americans and countless Michigan residents owe money in back taxes each year, so you’re not alone in being behind. Nevertheless, there are only a few ways to eliminate tax liability. The first step in getting your tax liability handled is to face it head-on.
Depending on your situation, you may be eligible for one or more Michigan tax relief services. The state and the IRS have many programs that can help you resolve your tax situation, and you may not even be aware of them. Read on for more information.
Types of Tax Relief Services
When you hire a Michigan tax lawyer, we will immediately analyze your unique situation by reviewing the following:
- Your personal situation (e.g., going through a divorce, temporarily residing out of the country, or being temporarily disabled)
- Your income (if you are working)
- Your assets and personal property
- Your liabilitys
- How much tax liability you have
After your attorney examines all of this information, he or she will match your situation to the programs available. Here are some of the options that can lead you to finally experience the tax relief you’ve been hoping for:
- Installment Agreements – Monthly payments on your taxes rather than paying one large sum
- Settlement – An offer in compromise, which allows you to settle your tax liability for less than the full amount owed
- Penalty Abatement – When the government agrees to remove some or all of the penalties on your taxes
- Currently Not Collectible – When the government agrees to stop collections for a time because your lawyer has proven that you truly can’t pay your taxes
These are only a few of the options available to you. When you speak with a lawyer, you will find out more about what types of Michigan tax relief programs you qualify for.
Call for Michigan Tax Resolution Services
Many Michiganders don’t realize how many options they have to help them with their tax liability. Your tax lawyer will look at all of the solutions available to you and find the one that will work best with your unique tax liability situation. No one should suffer from anxiety related to back tax liability.
If you don’t want to continue being plagued by the state or the IRS, it’s time to discuss Michigan tax relief services with a qualified attorney. To reach a lawyer and schedule a free tax liability analysis, call W Tax Group at 1-877-500-4930 or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page.