Get the situation resolved once and for all by working with the tax professionals at The W Tax Group.
If you’ve been struggling to pay your tax debt or trying to work through any other tax-related issue, you can fight the IRS with the help of the thirty years of experience The W Tax Group brings to the table.
The IRS is essentially a large collection agency. It can place liens, garnish your wages, and even levy your bank account and house to recover your tax debt. These government collectors can be intimidating. Their letters and demand notices can leave you in fear for your future and your freedom.
Fortunately, there are many ways to resolve tax issues and set up a plan that will work for your unique tax situation. Whether you need help setting up a payment plan or need assistance with other tax matters, an experienced tax attorney with the W Tax Group can help you through the situation you’re in.
Resolving Tax Issues for You
Even if you think you’ve tried everything, there is most likely a program that will work to resolve your stressful tax situation. Your lawyer will work tirelessly to find a way out of this so you can move on with your life. Once you begin working toward a resolution of your tax debt, you will likely feel an enormous weight being lifted from your shoulders.
You have likely been living in fear, putting off the resolution of your tax debt because you don’t know how to move forward. Luckily, the tax attorneys at our firm do know how to resolve tax liability issues—we do it every day.
You don’t have to figure all of this out on your own. When you work with a tax lawyer from our firm, we will come up with the best solution for your case.
Whether you need a levy or lien released, an installment agreement, help filing back tax returns, or help with an audit, a lawyer from the W Tax Group can help make your situation better.
How Can a Tax Attorney Help You?
Because taxes are complicated, taxpayers can find themselves in all kinds of difficult tax-related situations. A qualified and experienced tax debt lawyer at our firm will be equipped to help you with any of the following tax problems, among others:
- Setting Up Installment Agreements – When you owe taxes but the amount is too great for you to pay all at once, it’s possible to set up an installment agreement with the IRS. An installment agreement is an agreement in which you make monthly payments until your tax debt has been paid. When you are making your payments, you’re considered in compliance. Depending on the length of the payment agreement and other factors, you might see reduced penalties, although interest continues to accrue until the debt is paid off.
- IRS and State Wage Garnishment/Levy Releases – If the IRS or state has placed a levy on your wages, your tax help lawyer may be able to get the levy released. There are several ways to make this happen. One way is by proving to the IRS that the wage levy is creating an immediate economic hardship for you. An economic hardship is when you’re unable to meet your basic needs.
- Currently Not Collectible – When your financial situation is such that you do not have the funds to pay the taxes owed, the IRS might agree to put your account in Currently Not Collectible status. The IRS might agree to not begin collections until you are in a financial situation that allows you to pay what you owe.
- Offer in Compromise – An offer in compromise is a settlement that allows you to pay less than the full amount of your tax debt and become square with the IRS. The IRS will check that your situation qualifies you for this program based on your ability to pay, income, assets, and debt.
- Filing Back Tax Returns – If you haven’t filed your taxes in a while, your tax help attorney can help you get those past-due returns filed. If after filing your back tax returns you find that you owe money, your attorney can help you set up payment arrangements with the IRS that will work for you.
- Tax Lien Releases – A tax lien is when tax-collecting agency places a lien on your property or assets. This can include your home, personal property, and other financial assets. Your lawyer may be able to get liens released in a few different ways, including discharges of some of your property.
- Tax Audit Representation – When the IRS audits your taxes, your financial situation can quickly turn into a nightmare. Having a lawyer help you through this situation can give you peace of mind. Your lawyer will make certain that your rights aren’t violated and that your tax liability is accurately calculated.
- Penalty Abatement – In some situations, your stated reason for being behind on your taxes will satisfy the IRS, and the agency may agree to waive or reduce the penalties that have been added to your tax bill. This can quickly make your tax situation much easier to handle.
Getting tax help from a lawyer can reduce the stress and fear you’ve been experiencing. Your attorney will listen to all of your concerns, analyze your tax situation, match your situation to a program or solution that will work for you, and help you understand the available options.
Tax Lien vs. Tax Levy
There is a difference between a lien and a levy. A lien is the government’s way of saying that it has an interest in your property and assets and will maintain that interest until you’ve paid off your tax bill.
The lien will likely remain attached to your property unless you are able to get it removed. After you’ve paid your bill, you can file to have the lien removed.
A levy, on the other hand, is the government’s way of saying that it’s tired of waiting for you to pay your bill; instead, it is going to actually take control of your property, including your home, and sell the property to pay off your tax debt. The IRS can levy the following:
- Your bank accounts
- Your paycheck
- Your vehicle
- Other personal property
- Your home
There are ways to get both tax liens and levies released. Contact a lawyer right away so your attorney can begin working to free you of this burden.
Contact a Tax Attorney on Staff at The W Tax Group
Dealing with tax debt is overwhelming, and it may be tempting to ignore your back taxes and hope that it will all just go away. It won’t.
Handling the IRS on your own can be stressful. Fortunately, you can have a lawyer on your side to protect your rights and help you settle these complicated matters. It’s time to put this situation behind you.
Get in touch with a tax lawyer at the W Tax Group today. Our firm offers free tax debt analyses, so you can see how we can help you before making a commitment. To get started, call our firm directly at 1-877-500-4930 or complete the contact form below.