Tax Relief Services
Owing money in back taxes is not a fun position to be in, but sometimes people don’t know how to get caught up. Partner with The W Tax Group, as tax relief assistance can make all the difference in getting your tax debt under control.
Almost every working American is required to file tax returns and pay their taxes. It’s something that we simply can’t avoid, so it’s best to face the facts and plan accordingly. If you haven’t filed a tax return, or you haven’t filed several years’ worth of returns, you can still get this situation under control.
Additionally, if you have filed all of your returns but you don’t know how you will ever afford to pay the taxes you owe, try not to despair. There are programs out there that can help you to pay your back tax debt, and there are tax relief specialists who can help you to file late returns.
You should begin facing your tax problems by contacting a professional committed to providing you with tax relief services that meet your needs.
How Can Your Tax Relief Attorney Help You?
When you make the decision to work with a tax relief specialist, you will be gaining the knowledge of someone who knows tax laws inside and out. They can match your personal situation with a method of resolving your tax debt that will suit your needs. First, your attorney will examine your tax debt situation. They will look at the following:
- Your overall tax debt
- Whether you have any unfiled tax returns
- Your income, assets, and personal property
- Your personal situation and expenses
- Other debt
Once your tax specialist has gone over your personal situation, they can find a program that can help you to put your tax debt behind you.
What Could Happen If You Continue to Not Pay Your Taxes or File Your Returns?
A lot of the people facing tax debt know that there are penalties associated with failing to handle their tax bill, but they don’t always know what those penalties are. When you don’t pay your taxes, you could be hit with some surprising and unpleasant consequences of your debt. For instance, you could look at your bank account one day to find that the IRS has depleted it.
The following is a list of other ways the IRS or state can go after you to force you to pay your taxes.
- Send you intimidating letters
- Garnish your wages
- Dip into your bank, retirement, and investment accounts
- File a tax lien
- Levy (seize) your personal property, such as cars, boats, and real estate
- Add penalties and interest to your tax bill
Types of Programs That Might Be Able to Help
You are likely overwhelmed at the tax bill you’re facing, and you may not be able to see a way out. The good news is there is nearly always a way to resolve tax debt and then make strides toward not falling into debt again. Tax programs offered by the state or the IRS can assist you in eliminating your tax debt and staying on track.
Below, here are a few of the services that can be used to resolve your back taxes.
- Offer in Compromise – This is a settlement option that allows you to settle your tax debt. Certain eligibility requirements must be met, which your attorney can look into for you.
- Penalty and Interest Relief – In some cases the government will agree to remove penalties and interest that have accrued on your account. If you have good cause for being late on handling your taxes, you might qualify for this relief.
- Installment Agreement – Some people simply need more time to pay their tax bill, and monthly payment options can be just what you need to get your taxes taken care of.
- Currently Not Collectible Status – If you are unemployed right now or have other reasons for why you can’t pay your taxes, you may qualify for relief from tax collection methods for a time.
Get in Touch with a Tax Relief Specialist at Our Nationwide Office
Falling behind in your taxes is a stressful situation to deal with, but it’s not impossible to get caught up. There are many ways that a tax professional can assist you in putting your tax problems behind you. They can help with back tax returns, payment plans, communicating with the IRS, and handling many other tax debt issues.
Tax relief services are available simply by reaching out to a tax professional at our nationwide office. Call The W Tax Group at 877-500-4930 or send in the internet submission form located at the bottom of this web page.